GoodPlace provides a complete support system to destinations and tourism providers, including all the processes necessary to successfully develop a winning cycling tourism product.
The most important procedures include:
- Accurate cycling trails examination, crucial for our success,
- Geographical placement
- Trails supplying with all vital tourism-related services.
Until recently, cycling tourism in Slovenia was mainly tied to the general promotion of cycling activities. However, the sustainable development of green tourism products brought a new perspective and the realization that we need to make attainable promises to our future cycling guests.
In terms of mountain cycling, this involves:
- Official legislation adaptations,
- Establishing an comprehensive framework for regulating relations between land owners and trail maintenance services
- Establishing a network of trails with suitable infrastructure
- Trails marking
- Supporting the creation of integrated tourism products with a network of specialized tourism providers.
GoodPlace cycling projects and events:
- Long distance trails, such as Adriabike and Trans Slovenia, which lead cyclists from the Alps to the sea, boasted excellent results. The newly established trails also had a major impact on the foreign markets, positioning Slovenia as one of the most popular destinations for mountain cycling on the German market,
- Cycling event Soča Outdoor Festival, which is a developmental and promotional platform for the Soča valley, entire Slovenia and Alpe-Adria region.